New Buildings Institute (NBI) respects the privacy of its donors and stakeholders and is committed to the highest standards of integrity and ethics in all fundraising efforts. We do not sell, trade, or share personal donor information to other organizations or individuals at any time, nor will we send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
To ensure that all of those who invest in our work have full knowledge and confidence in our organization, we subscribe to the Donor Bill of Rights which is endorsed by the American Association of Fund-Raising Council, the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education, and the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Personal Information We May Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person, including: Name, Title, Organization, Postal address, Telephone numbers, Email address, Credit and debit card information.
How We May Collect Personal Information
- We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services: We may collect Personal Information through the Services, such as when you register to download a research report, make a contribution or register for a conference.
- From Other Sources : We may collect Personal Information from or about you from other online and offline sources, such as public databases, providers of demographic information, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, people with whom you are connected on social media, and other third parties.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and to offer you products, programs and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To fulfill your requests for our products, programs and services, such as to send you newsletters.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions and policies. To complete your purchase or donation, including to communicate with you regarding it and provide you with related customer service.
- For our internal purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and services, enhancing, improving or modifying the Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Services, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services.
- From you: Demographic and other information, such as your interest in various programs and services, is collected when you voluntarily provide it.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.